Sunday, May 22, 2011

fell in-love in oak city :)

After Lagoon, we spent the night at my parents & then went on down to Oak City. This is where Dallin & Karson grew up & all they do is talk about how great it is; so we had to go!! We went & I fell in love. It was adorable. It's one of those cute little towns where everyone knows everyone & where everyone is related to everyone. Almost like Toquerville, only Oak City has a little General Store. It was seriously what I needed. We went & had a total blast in the small, quite atmosphere. Along with the general store, they have a hill called 'gravity hill'. You literally coast 'up' it. It's an optical illusion as in it looks like you are going up hill, but you really aren't... or something like that. ;)
(Before the kids all jumped on) There was just me, a hammock & the sound of a slow-running stream. As I was laying on the hammock with my eyes closed, listening to the sound of the water, I was at peace. I hadn't felt that calm & relaxed in--I don't even know how long. It was then when I fell in-love with Oak City.
 Aside from relaxing, we had so much fun! Played soccer & basketball with the little kids, & rode the little motor-bike {so, so fun!!}
We were also able to check out Karson's precious van! It really is sweet & is going to be awesome when he gets it all fixed-up! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment