Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sleep much?

Exhausted, wind-blown & a bit delusional, we were in the apartment with papers signed & mattresses unloaded in no-time. As soon as the mattress hit the floor, so did I.  I slept for about an hour, when all the sudden I woke up & heard everyone talking in the family room; the cable man was there. I went in & listened for a minute. He was saying how he became am alcoholic when he moved to Nebraska & blah, blah, blah. Ya, I was done with that conversation like a bad make-out session & went right back to bed. 
Slept like a rock for three-hours. Seriously. Pretty sure I would have slept for the rest of the night if Tammy hadn't come in & woken Steph & I up.  She said, "Girls... Julia is coming over & wants to make us dinner."  I replied, "But I still haven't showered!" I know I was smelling just. . . lovely. I jumped in the shower & woke up a little bit more.

You know that feeling on Christmas when you know you are getting the present you asked for, but you are just waiting to open it? That's how it felt waiting for Julia. She finally arrived. Like an excited child on Christmas morning, I didn't want to let her go, ever.
We went to Julia's place {which is a two minute drive away} & she made us gourmet grilled cheese for dinner. It was the best ever. We then watched some home videos! So fun! However, the best part of the evening was when Julia & I were out on the deck talking & Tammy decided she wanted to come out & chat as well. As she was coming out, she could clearly hear us & given it was rather dark & she didn't notice the screen door. . . So she sort of ran right into it. We made sure she was okay before we laughed too hard, promise. She laughed right along with all of us. Love you Tams..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment