Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lo.Ov.Ee.

Has the love bug hit you yet? I have been so excited for the month of love, that I made Valentines decorations and cards over Christmas break, and then after the Christmas decor was put away, Valentines went up!! I know people say, that it is just another commercial holiday for people to acknowledge and buy candy and flowers for--but our family has never seen it that way, this is why. My mom's birthday is the 14th of February, as well as Lisa and I were sealed to my parents on that same day (of course many, many years later). It has always been a special day to celebrate our mom and the gift of being sealed to her that she was able to share with us, as well as the love we all share for her and each other. So for us, Valentines is not just another holiday, but a grateful, heart-felt day!
This year I decided my mother was going to start decorating for more than just Christmas... so I helped her out and we made some decorations. The flower balls turned out so adorable, but oh my gosh did they take forever. It was unreal how long they each took. The red one was the biggest and first one I did... and then I did not do one that big again. I was literally up till 5 am doing it after starting around midnight or so making it. Yes, it was adorable, but never again! The other ones did not take nearly as long, but trust me, I will not be making more for quite a while (if ever).
After we had taken down the garland and Christmas stockings, the stairs looked so bare, so I had the idea of hanging hearts. So we, meaning I, came up with the idea of heart pillows, and they actually turned out way cuter than I even imagined they would! I was way excited after we put them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment