Tuesday, August 14, 2012

...:a beautiful bestfriend & bride:...


First it was my college best friend. Now it's my childhood best friend.
Everyone's getting married.

I met Tori in 6th grade, we became best friends and somehow always stayed friends. Even through all the changing of schools, moves, and both of our lives rapidly and always changing--we stayed friends. I couldn't be more grateful for my friendship with her.
I am so lucky to have a friend that cared as much about the friendship as I did. Welp, before you know it we are both in college, she was going to BYU dating hot men left and right... That was until she found a keeper... oh, don't worry, he was still hot! Next thing you know, one night I get the call that she was engaged!! I was psyched for her!

We were on our way to get snow cones this past summer when she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. Um, yes! I was excited to be a part of her day.

It was finally her big day to get married to the man of her dreams. Braden Kinard. He was an Indiana boy.

It started out at 8am in the Salt Lake City Temple. Who gets up that early, forreals? Welp, I sure had to. The ceremony only lasted about 20 or so minutes, so I had to be there by 8:30 or so, so I wouldn't miss her coming out... To say the least, of course I was running late, couldn't find a parking place, and was running in heels around the temple to get to where they were coming out.

Luckily I made it in time. In way more than enough time. 6 different couples came out before Tori and Braden came out. One of the ladies waiting for another bride told us that one of the temple workers had told her that there were 80 weddings that day... yes, 80!! That's insane!! Especially because it was a Monday! Reason being I suppose, was the temple had been closed for a few weeks, and so Monday, August 13th was the first day it was back open! Nuts!
I saw her through the window before she came out. I was so excited for her! She walked out and we all cheered! She looked so happy, and so did he! I ran up and said, "Can we hug you now?" I gave her a big hug and everyone followed close behind. Next thing you know we were headed around the temple to one of the many staircases to take pictures with everyone. Oh fun.

Tori and Braden then went to the photographer to take individuals pictures, and we had an hour to kill before the luncheon. So now what? One of the bridesmaids and I, Lindsay, went and walked over to City Creek--since it was literally right across the street. We went and messed around in Sephora and a few other stores and then headed back to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for the luncheon. What a beautiful set-up! Honestly.

Tori and Braden's father's did introductions and gave speeches and blessings to the happy couple. After the luncheon was over we had like 4 hours to just do whatever till the wedding party had to meet back up at the reception center in Lindon, called Wadley Farms.

Now that place is a fairytale. We met up there and set up decorations. Lots of beautiful pictures of Tori and Braden and we all got our flowers. We took pictures as a wedding party, and the reception followed.

It was great. Tori and Braden's favorite foods. Snow cones, and cinnamon rolls with chocolate milk. It was awesome! They had brought in people to make and serve the unlimited shaved ice with whatever flavor you wanted! Honestly. I'd never seen anything like it.

Of course the wedding party had to trash the car... so we did. It was classy... We blew up tons and tons of purple balloons and stuffed their car as stuffed as we could. Then of course some streamers and a poster were in store as well.

I had never seen Tori happier, and even though I didn't know Braden that well, he looked so happy as well. As I was helping Tori out of her dress and getting ready for the start of her honeymoon, the only words to explain it was bitter sweet! I was so excited that she'd just married her best friend, but I was totally bitter that she was on her way to Hawaii. Only my favorite place in the world.

Before you know it, her and Braden were running out of Wadley Farms, throwing balloons out of their car and on their way to the Grand America and then off to the tropics the following day.

It was a truly beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment