Wednesday, May 22, 2013

..:jumping off laie pointe:..

Well you hear about people jumping off the Pointe all the time, but you look around at the Pointe and all you think is, "how in the crap do you not kill yourself jumping off this?" Serious. It's crazy sketch. But listen, people jump off of it all the time and don't die, so I was like, I can do this.

Brandon and I went to the Pointe and were just walking around when we saw these local kids just jumping off this rock and we were like whaaaaat? Brandon goes, "Do you want to jump off?" I was like, "um... I guess." So we go over and talk to the local kids and asked them how deep it was, if there were rocks, how we got back up, etc..  They told us there was a reef underneath the rock we are jumping off that you grab when the wave pushes you into, um okay. So Brandon jumped off [this little cement block] first and was cheering me on to jump off next. I was freaking out and was screaming the whole way down after taking that leap, but I did it. Twice. We swam around for a few minutes and then got up on the reef and waltzed our way back up to the top of the mountain. We then did it again, however the second time when I jumped off, when I was trying to get back up on the coral, the wave pushed us pretty hard and then the rip tide was pulling us back out and I was holding onto the coral, and my swimsuit went up my stomach got all scrapped up. But it's alriiiiiiiiiight, cause I made on the coral, and then you have to climb up onto these big volcano rocks and I did that [no shoes, definitely bringing shoes next time] and made it back up to the top, without dying!

It was pretty scary, but so fun!!! I am really grateful Brandon was there, cause I for sure would not have jumped if he wasn't there cheering me on. So for my next adventure, I just heard about people jumping off there at night, so I guess I'll have to try that out [with a flash light of course!] JK, I'm not stupid. I probably won't be doing that, even though people do it.
Oh I almost forgot. I lost my key card at some point when we were there and I was like, um awesome. So my roommate was at work and I didn't want to ask an RA to open my door because then I would have been given an hour of community service for having to have an RA open my door. So I sucked it up and fell asleep outside of my door waiting for my roommate for TWO hours till she got off. Yeah, that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment