Monday, June 11, 2012

..:: The Greatest Honor::..

It was the wedding of the summer. Seriously, it was! Everyone was looking forward to it, especially me!

I had gotten back from Hawaii, and before I ran off to my next summer trip, I had some catching up to do! Starting with my best friend. Mary.
Here's the story... So for her engagements we went shopping for outfits. As she's trying on her millionth pair of colored jeans I convinced her she had to have, I was talking to my mom on the phone. My mom asked me what I was doing and I said, "Helping Mary pick out clothes for her engagements, I've done so much for this girl I should be her maid of honor!!" Mary whips open the dressing room door (disclaimer: I have no idea if her pants were done up or not) as she loudly utters, "I've been WAITING to ask you!!!" I was like "Um, whaaaat? Mom, I have to go... Mary and I are fighting... Kkk bye." I then tried and tried to fight Mary on it, cause I was kidding, for the most part! She then reassured me that she already had a dress for me and that being her best friend, she really did want me to be her maid of honor. I almost started crying, I was so filled with mixed emotions! I remember texting a few of my sisters and telling them how excited I was! I'd never been in a friends wedding and now I was my best friends maid of honor... whaaaat? I'd seen all the movies, but it was time to do some research... I did! Lots!! Tons of internet articles and even read a book (it was short, thank goodness!) I didn't know what I was doing, but all I knew was I was not going to fail. This girl was (is) my best friend. I had and have so much love for her, I just wanted it all to be perfect.

It was.

No comments:

Post a Comment