Friday, March 16, 2012

Lake Powell: Spring Break 2012




Welp, I've never been to Lake Powell, and some of the girls wanted to go... So we went! It was so fun!!!! Seriously, such a great trip!! We traveled down to Cedar and stayed the first night at Shelcy's parents house, and then took her mama's car and drove to Powell! It was awesome. We took our time driving and randomly stopped when we wanted. We finally got to Powell and spent the day at the beach... First time in a swimsuit for the year. So nice to be out in the sun. I love the beach setting more than anything in this world. I was in heaven, to say the least. I couldn't get enough. The water was freezing of course, but I didn't care. I just wanted to lay on the beach and soak up the hot sun.



We hiked up rocks and ran around. Made Stephanie and sand mermaid, and did a lot of laughing and singing. Glee and Disney songs were our trip playlist, and oh was it fun. April (one of the new members) and I both got nicknames that trip. I became dyslexia (because I supposedly read a sign wrong--which I didn't), and April became 'dummy cop'. There was a cop car with a dummy cop in it and April was sure it was real, it was so funny. So that's how she got her nickname.



We all became so much closer that trip. We stayed the night in a hotel in Page, AZ, and went out that night to a mexican restaurant. We had a super cute waiter... but he was only 16! Too young for our likings! Wink, wink. We then traveled back through 4-corners, which was awesome! It was so sweet to finally see and experience together as sorority sisters! Such a fun spring break...


No comments:

Post a Comment