Friday, May 31, 2013

..: game center... whaaaat?:..

That's right peeps, I got a job. I know, 'finally'. Haha, I laugh about it too. I hate job hunting more than anything, and supposedly down here on campus it's not supposed to be that hard. I got really frustrated at first, but before I knew it, I had this job and another job offer as well. I am working at the Game Center on campus. There are 5 of us staff members, and it's a pretty great time, all the time.

The Game Center is a super chill place for peeps to come and play video games, arcade games, pool, ping pong, bowling, and other things like that. It's pretty fun. We've always got music jamming in the background, and when it's a slow night, we can go bowling and play pool and ping pong... just cause we can. It's awesome. Also, it's great, cause my friends come and visit me all the time to come and play games and what not. It's awesome. Its funny, now that I work there, when my friends come in they always say, "I've never spent this much time in the game center, and I've been going here for a year..." Hahaha, it's great. Bringing the peeps in!


I work with some cool peeps. There is this one kid, his name is Senik and he's from Moldova. So Moldova is right to the East of Romania. They are nextdoor neighbor countries. This kid is awesome. He speaks Romanian and is always teaching me new things about my own country. He taught me about how the country was taken over by the British and by the Russians, and then part of it given back, and how Moldova was actually part of Romania and then they were kept under Russian rule. It's kind of complicated to explain as you can see; he showed me all of this on a map. Anyways, cool kid.
So yes. This is my life. My friends win my stuffed animals and I get to deal with bowling pins and lanes being all psychotic and not working [our bowling lanes are seriously mental], but it's always a good time. I don't get as many hours as I'd like, because we are only open 5-10 most nights, and Fridays 5-1am. I love that I get to work evenings, but I need to probably find another job so I can get more hours, especially during this summer break time...Saaaaweeeeet! Right?

Kisses from this workin' girl across the sea xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment