Wednesday, May 29, 2013

..:rainy day in the hale:..

Welp, it started off as a rainy day... and ended as a rainy day. So to begin, my roommate decided to take a break from her homework and start blowing up random water balloons she had, just stored in her top drawer. There was no rhymer reason, she just did it... and stuck them all on my bed. We made some creations and actually got quite a bit of joy out of those little balloons. 

Not too long afterwards, we went to the cafe to have dinner. On our way back, we had our umbrella, but I decided to splash in a puddle, just to see if I could get Marissa wet. I did. That's where it all started. 
We then decided, why not jump in the puddles? "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" So we went and put our phones away after a few splashes and photos, and jumped in the rain for a good 30 minutes. Dancing and singing and laughing about life and everything in it. It was seriously the best rainy afternoon I've ever had [outside]. 
I made a promise to myself that day, that I would get out and dance in the rain more often. Just completely let go not letting anyone or anything get me down. Hilary Weeks song lyrics played through my head as we were dancing around, singing "I danced in the rain... I let my dreams know I hadn't forgotten them... I let my heart take the lead and I told my hopes to get themselves up again... And I danced, I looked, yes I danced in the rain."

 So get out, go dance in your rain.
Kisses from the [rainy] sea xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment