Saturday, July 6, 2013

dead man's cat walk & a banana boat.


What a fun Saturday!! Let's just skip right to the part where Adam picked me up and we drove an hour and 30 minutes to get to Koko Marina to meet up with his 10 friends to go up to a hike, that since we don't know what it's called, we call it "Dead Man's Cat Walk". It was really close to Koko Crater [which is a hike I'm dying to do!] and Hanuama Bay. You drove up through a bunch of beautiful houses, [I felt like we were in Malibu] and you park at a dead end and just start hiking. It has private property and no trespassing signs everywhere... but you know we didn't listen to those! It was paved almost the entire way and was about a 30 minute 'hike' mostly up-hill to the most beautiful view and out to the "Dead Man's Cat Walk!" It was friggin' bloody hot, but it was super fun. Just check out these photos...
///his pose ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^
////mine... ----------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^ no comment, hahaha!

///This is Jethro. he's a funny kid... but check this panoramic view!!
After that we went down back to Koko Marina and a few of the boys had made reservations for us to do a "banana boat" thing... So we did that. Oh, when we were walking out the guys that were taking us out where like, "guys, make sure you don't have anything shiny..." We ask why and they go, "Cause there are barracudas.." Whaaaat? We are going to get freaking eaten and die. Are you kidding me? So then they pointed one out to us and I'm like awesome. So then they showed us the jelly fish and there was a ton of them, and they are ones that don't sting you, so we were able to hold them. It was so cool!. Okay so back to the boat.  It was super fun and I am pretty sure I got knocked off the least. It was in a little estuary thing where we did it [that really wasn't that little, and that I think was man made but then why they would put barracudas in there makes no sense...] and these two guys just hopped on a boat and yanked us around on this thing. The guys even decided to buy the CD of pictures afterwards so that's why I have so many pictures of it... You're welcome.
 
It was a super fun Saturday, but by the time we were all done we were exhausted. It was another hour and a half home and then Adam was off to work and I was wanting to sleep... but a call to my best friend Toni and FINALLY loading an album with about 70 pictures of some of my adventures here in Hawaii was much needed and more important than sleep. At least the phone call was, I don't know how needed the facebook album was... but Adam kept bugging me about never loading the pictures we take on Facebook, so... There you have it. So I decided to do a quick blog post as well about this great day.

Only one more Saturday until school starts up again this next Monday.. Well in two Mondays. I am looking forward to it, but not.. Haha. These past two weeks of this summer break have been so fun, and the first week when Mary was here was so great too. But I mean, I'm in Hawaii so having fun after school wouldn't be too hard to do either. In the end though, I am excited for it to start. That means it's that much closer to fall semester, [which is going to kick my butt but it's alright] and that means its that much closer to Christmas, which means seeing my family!!! Which btw's, total cry fest the last two days talking to mi madre about coming home for Christmas and realizing just how expensive it is going to be, but her making sure I knew that somehow we will get me home. I couldn't help but cry. I am so grateful for my mom and my siblings and all they do for me. They truly are the best family a girl could ask for. Thanks guys, for everything. I wouldn't be here without any of your love and constant support!

I hope you all enjoyed the rest of your 4th of July weekend!!
Kisses from across the sea xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment