Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blonde to Brunette :)

















 No, it is not a wig and no, I did not get extensions. My hair has always been that long. Yes, it is me... I just dyed my hair! Now, I know you are all wondering why. First and main reason, bleach blond hair and chlorine for a few hours a week don't mix well. Since I did not want my hair to be the color of the Grinch, I dyed it!! I've also wanted to go all dark for quite a while now--swimming gave me the perfect excuse.

For a fun surprise... I decided not to tell my mom [Even though I happened to be talking to her on the way to my appointment] I was going to wait till March and just see what she thought when I walked in over Spring Break--but with facebook pictures being taken and posted left and right, I decided I better figure out another way. For her birthday [also known as Valentines Day] I sent her some chocolate kisses and a framed picture of me [wrapped in newspaper of course--cause that's what poor college students have on hand]. I called her that morning and wished her happy birthday! She said, "Can I open your package while I'm on the phone with you?" I said, yes. She opens it... silence. Then a scream, "DID YOU DYE YOUR HAIR ALL DARK?" "No mom, it's a wig..." :) She then continues to tell me at first she did not even realize it was me. She was thinking to herself, 'Oh, this is a nice frame dear...' Then she looked closer and realized who it was--and then before she continued to scream, she actually thought it was a wig!! She could not believe what I had done. "Well this is a shock," were the next words that came out of her mouth. She then continued to claim she liked it [because that's what moms do...] but I told her the pictures don't even do it justice, she'll just have to see it!                                                                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. Hoooly Gorgeous! Wow! 10 for 10 right there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you already know, but I love the hair!!! and i love the blog! good job :)

    ReplyDelete