Friday, April 26, 2013

..: friday farmer's market:..

Every other Friday is "Farmer's Market" day here in Laie. Locals from all around bring fresh produce and yummy breads and other various items to sell at the school--which hosts the bi-weekly farmers market. Everyone loves it because it's cheap and fresh! It was fun to experience it and pick-up a few things of my own.

There has not been as much pineapple as I thought there would be. I had some pineapple to first day I got here in the cafe, but haven't had any since... well, because they haven't had any. But because I am a pineapple freak, I picked some up at the market! And should have picked up a few more. I also got some Tahitian bread. It is made with water, corn meal and some other stuff I can't remember the guy saying and then they bake it and it's served super, super hot. I also got some other stuff... It's called Mochi Dango, and I can't even tell you what it tastes like! There's literally no explanation. I got it cause my roommate said it was good. Its like gooshie, with this powdery taste on the outside and... yeah, I am not even going to try and explain it. Come over here, and I will give you some to try.

Other than that, not too much happened today. Just another good day in Paradise. Oh, I got sunburned on my back yesterday. Yeaaaaaaaah, it's super cute. NOT! It sucks and hurts like crazy!! And the back line is AWFUL!!! Not even a cute sunburn. I know. It's pretty bad. I knew it was coming; I even put on sunscreen... a few times!! Whatever!! Such is my life!!

Kisses from the sea. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You are so friggin adorable!!! Love you
    -J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So J, I just barely saw your comments on my blog! Love you forever!

      Delete