Saturday, April 27, 2013

..:north shore roomie day:..

Last night Marissa and I were talking about our families, and lives and just you know, roomie stuff. I told her I was in a sorority, and actually the president of it. She was like um what? So then there was some explaining today. After we were done, she started looking up something to watch on Netflix, and found a show called "Sorority Wars," so we watched it. Kinda lame, but pretty funny! I laughed at how dumb it was and how rude girls can be. She laughed at it not knowing that girls actually act like that! It wasn't till midnight that we were going to bed when she said, "So what are you doing tomorrow?" I told her I was thinking about catching the bus and heading to North Shore. Her reply: "Yes, let's do it, I want to dress immodestly and get off this campus!" I died laughing.

So we went. We got up and got ready and then headed down to the bus stop. There are three that are really close in distance. It was $2.50 for a ticket onto the bus. We hopped on and headed up to Haleiwa. It was a super pretty drive. As we were driving I saw so many places that I didn't realize were so close!! There are super yummy shrimp trucks, just a 6 minute bus ride from our place! Marissa and I didn't have time to stop today, but decided we would borrow me a bike (cause she already has one) and head up there for lunch one of these days. I can't wait.


So it was only a 35 minute bus ride to Haleiwa. We got off and just started walking up and down the little streets and checking out the little shops. We went to the famous Matsumoto's Grocery Store to get shaved ice with ice cream!! Still just as good as I remember. There was also this little Art Festival going on across the street in front of this old Lutheran church, so we went and walked around there. The people were so nice and the art's were super cool and unique so we picked up a few trinkets. We then went to this burger/sandwich place and got a really good sandwich and then just continued to shop around. Oh, we were just walking by this parking lot and saw all these chickens... just roasting like it was no big deal... So I made her take a picture in front of it.

Before we knew it it was getting time to head back. Marissa had work at 5, so we caught the 3:30 bus back to Laie. We got back just in time and she headed to work.

It was such a beautiful Saturday. I can't believe I've officially been here a week.
 Kisses from the sea. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment