Friday, July 19, 2013

happy anniversary from your maid of honor.

It was a year ago TODAY that my soul mate and best friend said forever and always to the love of her life. It was such a beautiful day and I was lucky enough to be a part of it all. From going to get her hair done, make-up, what shoe color, clothes shopping, pictures, decorations, laughing, crying,  throwing a kick-ass bachelorette night, licking all those dang envelopes and to even walking down that isle, I was there for the whole sha-bang [and I wouldn't have missed a single thing!] Look HERE for the greatest wedding highlight video ever [A must when I find my love of a lifetime] I cry every time I watch it.
I can't believe all the crazy adventures these two have had just in a year. Nefi took his LSAT, did super great, got accepted to a variety of Law Schools and then it was decision time this past year. Along with the decisions came vacations to random parts of the U.S. to see where he wanted to attend! Our trip to California over Spring Break to visit Pepperdine and Irvine University [where he will now be attending] was just one of the three they took to visit potential law schools. Colombia in New York and Texas State University were also thrown into the mix. I am more than happy about California... sun, surf, and distance wise, it was my top pick [even though I had no pull whatsoever in the decision, Nefi made that known!]

In just over a week now they are on their way over to Irvine where they will be residing for probably the rest of forever! At least it's California, right? I have a 99% chance of it being a straight 5.5 hour flight from here to there for any visits needed in the near future to LAX or John Wayne and from Utah it's only a 11 hour drive, or a short 1.5 hour flight. That's a nap! Whatever happens, I know we will all be reunited this Christmas for a big bash of hugs and late movie nights filled with pizza, love, and laughing. I can't wait.
I am so grateful Mary found her love of a lifetime with Nefi. He's a sweet guy, and brilliant on top of that... Don't let me forget to mention so handsome!! I actually called him "hot" in my Maid of Honor speech to both their families and close friends... How embarrassing, right? Haha. Welp, that's what happens when you are 'elected' Maid of Honor 5-weeks before the wedding.. You're welcome. 

Love these two human beings so much. Don't know what I would do without either of them in my life. Looking forward to a lifetime of friendship, love, and in the future being the best and favorite aunt those little Acosta kids are going to have.
Happy 1 year Anniversary you two!!! I'm sure the best is yet to come! 
All my love forever and always.
Kisses from across the sea xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment