Saturday, August 17, 2013

pineapple.


It was an excursion to the Dole Plantation today on the Northern[er] side of the island. We took a bus. No, not that kind of bus, like a legit, yellow-colored school bus. So fun. It was our ward activity; since wards are being re-organized in the next couple weeks for fall, they wanted to do one last 'hoorah' for our ward. It was seriously so fun!
I've gone to the Dole Plantation multiple times, but always with my family. Which has always been fun! But this time I got to go with my little college family. There is 4 of us, and being a little family we get on each others nerves and want to punch each other in the face sometimes, but we forgive and forget and love each other even more. And where you can find one of us, the rest usually aren't far behind. I can't imagine not having these 3 peeps in my life; definitely wouldn't be the same experience here without them. They all offer something special to our little family.
So everything was paid for except lunch, so we went on the Pineapple Express which was super chill. Got to see the pineapple fields and banana fields and sugar cane and you know, all that jazz. After we went and ran around the maze. Supposedly it was the biggest one in the world back in 2008. So it was bloody hot that day so we didn't finish the maze, instead we went and got food and of course the yummy pineapple ice cream. 
Oh, I got a cool hat. I didn't bring any with me and oh heck, I'm just a little obsessed with it. 
We got home and holy frick it was (like I said) so bloody hot. So, I had a literal hour to play on the beach  before I headed into work. 

I guess the sunniness was rubbing off on everyone that day, cause three of us showed up at the Game Center in orange shirts. Cute. 


It was a truly great day. I love Saturday excursions. 


Until my next one, 

Kisses from the sea xoxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment