Monday, February 17, 2014

valentines 2k14.

Love should be celebrated everyday. February 14th just puts a title on the day to celebrate love... which is fine... because it is also my sweet mothers birthday... & freak do I love loving her. I love her a loooooot. She turned the big 64 this year. You're kidding? That's soooo weird to say and think. Because she definitely does not look it. She's such an amazing mom and I am so grateful she is mine.
To celebrate love day this year, I made myself a heart shaped pancake. Yeah, for real. I like this day that much.
I then worked exactly 11.01 hours and wanted to scrape my eyeballs out. I was exhausted and stressed the entire day, as we have re-vamped the Game Center---> which is now called "The HUB"... and no, HUB is not an acronym, it's just what it is... "The HUB: where everyone gets connected." Whatever, I think it's weird and I wanted the name, "The Mecca" but there was nooooo way in ever they would let that be the name... so I decided I liked the name "The Grid" but whatever, somehow "The HUB" won over Presidents Counsel so that is what we are stuck with. It's been a pain in the butt to get everything ready for this huge "Grand Opening" but hey, we (I) finally got everything put together and hey--we were off to the races. New shirts (yeah, I pushed those through too) & all. Whoop, whoop.
With 45 red balloons, free cookies & churros, with just a $2 wristband fee to have all exclusive access to everything the HUB had to offer for the whole day on Friday (12pm-1am)--13 full hours... was the best deal & cheapest Valentines date ever. Nevertheless, it was more just single men who ended up showing up towards the end, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
I worked from 10:30am (had to get set-up) till 5pm; then went home and studied for a test, went and took it and then went back in to work at 9pm & worked till 1:30am. It was too fun. But really, I only got through my second shift, because my co-worker brought me in Seven Brothers. Haven't eaten there in forever, & I was so grateful to her for dinner. Seriously.
While the stress of this grand opening was literally putting wrinkles on my face... someone decided a special delivery would be good. So of course Kathryn pulls it off again and has a friend deliver a bouquet of a dozen red roses, chocolate mochi ice cream (& a Take 5, my favorite) to the Game Center while I was working... Okkkkkk Kathryn. She goes, "No homo... but Happy Valentines Day." Seriously, that girl. Always trying to one-up me... & she always does. I loved it, so much.
It's been a few days & the roses have opened up soooo pretty. I have loved having them sitting on my desk all day while I sit and do homework, clean, eat, sleep, etc. What girl doesn't like fresh flowers? 

Thanks Ms. Moore. You truly are one of a kind. Until my next flower delivery; kisses from the sea xoxoxxxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment